iTunes not allowing music to podcast...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15"matt, 2.8GHz, 500GB, 4GB RAM
Hi,

I'm trying to add some 'podcasts' to itunes. I have put the files in my podcasts folder, used itunes to open them, but they end up in the music section of my itunes window.

From there I 'get info' and try change them to podcasts, but the do nothing..

I've checked the permissions on the files and folders in question, and they all said read only. I have changed all of them manually to read and write (all files and folders involved) but to no avail.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or a way to do this? I don't want the podcasts to be in the music folder because.... they're podcasts!

Jonik

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok..! Some progress.

It is the read only being a problem.

Any one know how to change this to read and write for large quantities of files? I'd rather not do it by hand...!

Now it isn't a specific itunes question, it might be better in a different forum too :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
In itunes, select get info, click the info tab then change the genre to podcast

C

chas_m

A better question might be "how screwed up is your system that your iTunes folders are read-only?"

This indicates a much bigger problem than just with some podcasts. You could start by repairing permissions.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry, it is the files I want to put into itunes that are read only. When putting them into the itunes folders they are still read only, hence the problem. The itunes folders themselves are fine.

C

chas_m

I'm not understanding why you are putting them into iTunes folders directly. This is probably very much the root of the problem.

If these are podcasts, they should be auto-downloaded into iTunes by themselves, whereupon they would be filed automatically.

But even just dragging them in to iTunes main window should import them in such a way that boneheadz suggestion would do the trick.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Had some free time so started to go about changing it manually. There is a level where the info windows change from individual to '18 items' etc, around the 8-10 area.

So That took a lot less time than I expected it to.

Still, if anyone has any idea about the other itunes problem I'd be grateful! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.