4GB USB flash drive not recognized by MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
I have a 4GB usb flash drive in FAT format that has a couple of files in it. When I plug it into my MBP Snow Leopard it doesn't show up on desktop or finder, so I can't access it. I used Dish Utility and it showed up there. There's nothing wrong on the hardware side. In fact I also have another USB flash with 512 and 1GB, and they work like normal when I plug them in.

Any solution or suggestion as to where I can find the solution?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
If you have the files stored elsewhere, try reformatting the drive

OP
quin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
If you have the files stored elsewhere, try reformatting the drive

Thanks! It worked =) It came pre-formated in FAT32. Since it's new, I only have one small file. Used my HP laptop to reformat in same FAT32. My MBP now recognized it. Wonder why the initial problem...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
Awesome ;) My 16GB flash drive had the same problem. I guess mac's don't like the factory format.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.