Syncing folders from different computers?

Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering about my options when it comes to syncing content between computers.

I have a main folder that has content I would want to share between the MacBook and the iMac. I want each of the files within the folder (such as docx documents) to be updated to the latest version, new file that was created would be created on the other computer, and any file that was deleted would be deleted from the other. Exact mirror.

I know I can access a folder on my iMac with the MacBook, but I wouldn't be able to access the folder without the wifi. So I would like to be able to work "offline" , and therefore I would need to have the same folder in 2 locations.

How can you do it?

THANKS!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Give Dropbox a shot. Though.. you could simply set up a sync program to run at a certain time every day or week, and then sync when ever you put on the wifi. or do you not have wifi ? Bit confused.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.06GHz duo, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 9400M| 8GB iPod Touch
I was also going to recommend dropbox, but it won't work without internet.

OP
D
Reaction score
Though.. you could simply set up a sync program to run at a certain time every day or week, and then sync when ever you put on the wifi.

How do I set up a sync program?

I do have wifi, and I simply want to sync folders between two computers.

Reaction score
I use ChronoSync to sync folders up. It is a great app and can easily do what you want it to do. I use it to backup my TC to my Windows server.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.