hard drive space ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
Hi, long time listener, first time caller.

Anyway my question is about the space on my ibook. I have a few pictures (1.42 gigs) about 5 songs and less the half a gig of documents on my hard drive. Why do I have so little free space? I just installed tiger an hour ago. (Bought 3 ibooks two days before tiger was announced) Now I have less space. I left out the language files and I even uninstalled World Book. I have 12.98 gigs free. What the **** is taking up all the space. My XP labtop (use as desktop) has the same sized hard drive is loaded with music, pictures etc and is not even half full.

I don't really need the space, I have about 200 gigs of space on various computers on the network. But I was thinking of copying my ipod mini and adding more pictures to the ibook but that would eat up another 5 gigs of space. Is there away to free up space?

bone

Reaction score
What size HD does it have?

My mini came with about 10gb worth of stuff installed from Apple, a lot was stuff I didn't need so I deleted it.

OP
boneheadz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
the ibook is advertised at 30g but list on the desktop as 27.82. When I got it, it had less than 16g free. Deleting world book and some other stuff I don't remember brought up to just shy of 17g

bone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.