• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Stickers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Are the Apple stickers that come with apple computers waterproof? I would like to put one on my car to go with my new apple license plate holder, but if I put it on from the inside it will be backwards. It just seemed likea regular sticker to me though, but I've heard of people putting them on their cars.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Just wash the surface very nicely, so when you go to take off the sticker a year later, it will take all the paint with it. j/k :eek:

OP
rs2sensen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
I'm actually putting it in the bottom center of my rear view window. I had had a circular sticker from the "North Sails" company, which makes sails for sailboats. (I still have to figure out how to get that off, its been on there for a few years now and is quite happy to stay where it is. Thanks for the advice! anybody know how to get old stickers off with something that is safe to use with glass?

Reaction score
rs2sensen said:
anybody know how to get old stickers off with something that is safe to use with glass?

Razorblade then some window cleaner with ammonia, thats how I took a vinyl sticker off my car's window before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Use a razor blade and scrape the sticker off. Use a hair dryer on the sticker to make it easier to remove. The Apple Stickers are very much water-proof.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Goo gone , or lighter fluid will eat the adhesive off of the sticker really nicely , and it'll make it come up allot easier , then i would spray it down with windex and then apply the new sticker , or just wash it with a little soap andwater then dry the surface .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
rs2sensen said:
I'm actually putting it in the bottom center of my rear view window. I had had a circular sticker from the "North Sails" company, which makes sails for sailboats. (I still have to figure out how to get that off, its been on there for a few years now and is quite happy to stay where it is. Thanks for the advice! anybody know how to get old stickers off with something that is safe to use with glass?

What works very good to remove old stickers is WD40. Put some of it on the entire sticker, let it there for a few min. You will be able to remove the sticker quite easily. Some more WD40 to remove some glue rests, an then clean your window with any window cleaner.
Oh, and the Apple sticker is quite robust. i have mine on my car's rear window since a year now, and it still looks good. :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
stickers

Avalon said:
What works very good to remove old stickers is WD40. Put some of it on the entire sticker, let it there for a few min. You will be able to remove the sticker quite easily. Some more WD40 to remove some glue rests, an then clean your window with any window cleaner.
Oh, and the Apple sticker is quite robust. i have mine on my car's rear window since a year now, and it still looks good. :cool:

hi

don't bother putting them on a car I got two with
my Imac and put one on each buttock - no problemo

kind regards
:biohazard

OP
rs2sensen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok, I've tried your suggestions, and this sticker is still there. I think as it was on the back window, that the years have allowed the sun to really bake it on there. Does anybody else have any ideas?

J

jessica

Wait Goo Gone and a Razor did not work? Razor would scrape it off and goo gone would get off the gummy residue left over.
I took off a sticker that had been there for 2 years and it worked. On another car before I sold it I took off a custom sticker I had put on my truck the day I got it. Four years later I used goo gone and a razor and it worked fine.

OP
rs2sensen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The razor couldn't scrape at the sticker, I tried from every possible direction and side and in the middle, but it wouldn't even scrape a small chunk off. I was able to get a old national park sticker off my front window with the razor and goo gone, but the back sticker, alas, is still firmly in place.

X

xthisisRomancex

*sounds like someone used gorilla glue to apply the sticker*

also have u tired something to heat it up.... if possible get a peice of thin cloth ( that u can afford to lose) and then stick it on there.. and then take a clothing iron and heat it and then trypulling it off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Maybe it's on the inside and not the outside... :)

OP
rs2sensen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I got the old sticker off. Here's what I did:

1. Soaked over night in WD-40
2. Heated with a Hair Dryer for 15 minutes
3. Scraped for 15 Minutes with a razor
4. 4 Applications of Glue Gone!

Now, here's the mistake I made. I forgot to clean the window before putting my apple sticker on, so it's was kinda bubly. So, I ruined that sticker. If there are any really kind, awesome, generous posters here who would be willing to mail me an apple sticker of their own, or direct me to where I could get another one, that would be very much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
don't you get two with your computer?

OP
rs2sensen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mine only came with 1

V

VictoryRose

brendan67 said:
hi

don't bother putting them on a car I got two with
my Imac and put one on each buttock - no problemo

kind regards
:biohazard

what the he11 was just said here?!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.