Does it exist? iPod Touch Bluetooth SMS via Phone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.6 Ghz, 80GB HDD and a *shiver* desktop pc
I recently bought myself a used second gen iPod Touch to use for listening to music, watching videos and web browsing at home and at work. I also have a slowly aging Blackberry 8600g that I really only use for occasional phone calls, a phone book and texting and do not need data. I was tempted to buy an iPhone but preferred the thinner and lighter (and considerably cheap in australia) Touch.

I am wondering if there is an app hidden on the web out there somewhere for a regular or jailbroken (If the app existed it would be the decider for me to jailbreak) iPod touches that will let me write and send a text using bluetooth through my blackberry? I've seen a huge number of ipod to ipod 'texting' which is really just messaging between to nearby ipods and a bunch of VOIP style texting programs but I can't seem to find one that will let me type my message and click send on the ipod, here some sort of satisfying beep and know that the only device i need to carry in my pocket is my iPod. (Blackberry or any other oldish phone with bluetooth safely in my bag)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unknown..
Re:

Hey,

I think you can use bluetooth with a Jailbroken Iphone/Ipod Touch, i think you can anyway..:)

OP
altec-lansing
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.6 Ghz, 80GB HDD and a *shiver* desktop pc
sussak on

Yes you can but i don't know of an app that lets you text through a phone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.