I replaced my screen on mbp and now I get bars...

Reaction score
So my mbp had a faint image, i replaced the inverter...didn;t work so I assume it was the backlight.
So I bought a new screen and now it lights up and everything but now I get like small bars throught the entire screen and if there are any words on the screen it is impossible for me to read them...I tried 3 diferent inverters that I know are good and that still did not change anything... any ideas?
Do ya'll think I just got a bad screen?
Here are some pics, let me know what ya'll suggest. Thanks! ;D

*EDIT*
I tried PRAM reset as well, still no go....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
It could be that a part of the ribbon cable was damaged or plugged in a little oddly when you installed the new screen. I've never seen this exact symptom before, but that's my best guess.

OP
G
Reaction score
It could be that a part of the ribbon cable was damaged or plugged in a little oddly when you installed the new screen. I've never seen this exact symptom before, but that's my best guess.

Thanks for the reply, the ribon cable is installed properly and there is no visual damage to it. I'm having a hard time getting it rma'd by the company I bought it from.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.