New To Mac's Need Help!!!!

Reaction score
ok so i bought a macbook (currently on my borthers computer) and i don't know how to get the wifi icon like people normaly have. idk if you have to buy it or download it i just want my macbook to be useful not worthless. any anwsers i really want to use my macbook!!! first time having one. also can anyone tell me step by step on how to get the wifi icon and how to connect it to my router. i have lynksys btw. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
If you click on the Apple, then go to system preferences>network you will see show airport status in menu bar, which answers your first question.
Next up, if you go to assist me tab, and then click assistant, it will walk you through the process.

OP
S
Reaction score
If you click on the Apple, then go to system preferences>network you will see show airport status in menu bar, which answers your first question.
Next up, if you go to assist me tab, and then click assistant, it will walk you through the process.

ok so you don't need to buy the airport base station thingy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
By that, I'm guessing you mean the airport extreme or express.
You can, and they are great quality.
If your router is a wireless router, that will do the job just fine.
I use a dynalink wireless router and have no problems with it.
Did you try the steps above?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.