Got an Ipad can't figure out voiceover/text to speech

Reaction score
can't figure out voiceover/text to speech video

The biggest reason I wanted an Ipad was so that I could use to read to me books while I commute to work. From what I read prior to release voiceover is the what Apple will use for text to speech according to Wired.com

I went by today to pick it up and the people in the store knew about as much as I did about the Ipad. We sat and played with it for about an hour trying to figure out how to get voiceover to work in ibooks. The store gave up and said just take it home and if you can't figure it out within 14 days bring it back for a refund. I got it home and was able to finally figure out voiceover in ibooks. It's kind of annoying b/c you still have to flip each page to get it to read on through the book. (not a good idea while driving)

Does anyone know if you can just set it to start reading until you tell it to stop?

Does anyone know if you can get voiceover to work within the kindle app? (I have tried everything I know and can't even get it to read a single line in the app)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

OP
Reaction score
oh and pics:

ab044f34-1.jpg

5ebb3ff9.jpg

615a80be.jpg

OP
Reaction score
Ipad Voiceover / text to speech demo video

Ok this is all that I could figure out. Hope it helps.

YouTube - Ipad

If anyone knows how to use voiceover better help me out here

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Merged threads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
64GB WiFi+3G Ipad, 15" i7 MPB
Pictures

Beautiful pics, what camera did you use?

David

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.