itunes artwork

adz

Reaction score
Just wondering why I can't copy and paste a url of the album art into itunes 'info' part.
My friends itunes can do it.
I don't really wanna have to download them all and save them as files and a lot of the time it doesn't pick them up.

I'm running 8.2

cheers

C

chas_m

Because a URL isn't artwork. It's a URL.

iTunes has a built-in facility for adding artwork to music files, even if you did not buy them from iTunes. It's under the "Advanced" menu and it should be able to place art on most of your correctly-tagged music files, unless your music tastes include mostly artists you wouldn't find at the iTunes Store.

There's also several scripts from Doug Adams, along with third-party software, that can also help fill in artwork. Between all these options there should be very little you would need to do manually.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
Just wondering why I can't copy and paste a url of the album art into itunes 'info' part.
My friends itunes can do it.
I don't really wanna have to download them all and save them as files and a lot of the time it doesn't pick them up.

I'm running 8.2

cheers

hey if you go back into the info part do this...just copy the artwork from the internet (wherever you get them from) then click on the artwork section in that info and then click edit in the menu bar and paste...

Reaction score
I have never used the iTunes function to get the artwork - I usually just copy the artwork image from someplace like amazon, then past it in the artwork section under "info".....that always works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
I have never used the iTunes function to get the artwork - I usually just copy the artwork image from someplace like amazon, then past it in the artwork section under "info".....that always works.

that's what he"s talking about

C

chas_m

Thanks for clarifying, but it doesn't affect the information in my post in any way. iTunes itself will add artwork to your songs using the tool I described, and there are other less labour-intensive ways to get artwork for your music, again as described.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I use Amazon Art widget for albums that is not in iTunes.

Reaction score
"Less labor intensive"? It takes 10 seconds to get artwork without the "tool" (which I didn't even know existed!). LOL!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.