iPad screen care?

Reaction score
I need your assistance to find out the best quality iPad screen care kit. I searched a lot, but didn't find much info on it, even in Apple store. Only found one kit till now. I want an invisible shield that can prevent scratches, fingerprints and other touch screen problems. I have noticed most of the guys recommend microfiber cloth to wipe off the screen.

Any advice and suggestions are welcome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
I am sure they will be available soon.

Most of the phones with touchscreens have them. Not looking forward to trying to apply a sticky screen protector to something the size of an iPad though - judging from my success on various Palm devices. Lots of bubbles and creases. :(

Reaction score
My New iPad with Ghost Armor

I just got my iPad and went to the Ghost Armor stand at the mall and had the guy put it on. I went to lunch and came back and it was done. I think it looks pretty sharp. I had my iTouch done after Christmas and it still looks good.

Reaction score
+1

Do you think that they are really neccesary? I put one on my first Windows Mobile phone. It was more of a pain than anything. I stopped using them 3 phones ago. Either the screen gets prints on it or the protector does. What is the differnce?

It is just a glass screen. I use Lens Cleaner that is used on glasses you wear and a lint free cloth at the end of the day and it looks like new.

Reaction score
I used to use the Invisible Shield on my iPhone but when I got the glass replaced, I could never go back to a screen protector. The glass is just to **** smooth and sexy. Same goes for my new iPad. Although I am sure noticing that fingerprints are sticking out like a sore thumb! Ha Ha! Get it? Fingerprints, sore thumb? Oh man. I crack myself up.

Reaction score
my friend has pad and it is filled with fingerprints and smudges. i really worry about scratches though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
No scratches yet but way too many finger prints to count.

Reaction score
Anti-glare screen protectors?

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum. My wife just got an iPad yesterday so we are looking for a bit of advice on an accessory.

Does anyone know of any decent anti-glare screen protector films for the iPad? My wife and I use them on our iPhones and they are awesome. I wouldn't be without one because the fingerprints drive me crazy. I checked Amazon and ebay but no one has rated them yet and ebay tends to sell a lot of low quality stuff.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Well according to the videos I've seen scratching the screen with a metal nail and leaves no scratch marks. But the back side is really easy to be scratched or scuffed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac i7 Quad, 27", 8GB mem, 1TB disk, USB numeric keypad
Cloth for cleaning iPad screen

Water on a soft cotton cloth is all you need.

Careful with the water, or other cleaners. I bought a package of micro-fibre cloths and they clean the screen very well dry. I also bought a small aerosol sprayer of alcohol, but found elswhere online that any cleaner may cause problems.

I have a Zagg protector on order -- maybe it wil reduce finger prints as well.

Reaction score
I had the Zagg Invisible Shield put on and it protects the screen very well. I do miss the smooth feel of the screen but I wanted to protect my screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla
i ordered a ($25) anti glare screen protector. i saw cheaper ones but was afraid they wouldnt last. I cant stand not using a screen protector on my iphone because it gets so oily and my finger gets stuck on it. I just dont know how im going to get the screen protector on such a large device.

Reaction score
I just checked the Dealaire.com Deal of the Day (I always check it and Woot.com) and its a iPad Screen Protector for only $6.99 shipped. Not sure of the quality, but at least it's cheap.
http://www.dealaire.com

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Received the Radtech ClearCal film for my iPad today - link.

Those that know me, already know I went with the anti-glare film. It's also oil resistant. It's been in use now for a couple of hours. Still no finger prints - hallelujah. No more need to clean it off after a half hour browsing the forum.

Took it outside in the sun for a quick test also. There's no help when the sun is shining directly on any display. But, with the sun at the back of the device, wearing a white shirt, my mirror image is practically gone and is now readable.

Sitting in the shade, you won't even notice it's on there. Except for the lack of any glare.

I can recommend it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
Careful with the water, or other cleaners. I bought a package of micro-fibre cloths and they clean the screen very well dry. I also bought a small aerosol sprayer of alcohol, but found elswhere online that any cleaner may cause problems.

I have a Zagg protector on order -- maybe it wil reduce finger prints as well.
Zagg is too sticky for me pulled it off the same day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3GS
Received the Radtech ClearCal film for my iPad today - link.

Those that know me, already know I went with the anti-glare film. It's also oil resistant. It's been in use now for a couple of hours. Still no finger prints - hallelujah. No more need to clean it off after a half hour browsing the forum.

Took it outside in the sun for a quick test also. There's no help when the sun is shining directly on any display. But, with the sun at the back of the device, wearing a white shirt, my mirror image is practically gone and is now readable.

Sitting in the shade, you won't even notice it's on there. Except for the lack of any glare.

I can recommend it.
Thanks for that. Will look into it for sure.

Do you think you can post pictures of it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.