Network Printing Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 15" screen, 2.0 MHz DuoCore, 80 Gig HD, 2G RAM
Here is the situation. I have an iBook and a PC desktop running XP. I have a network set up between the two via router and the iBook uses it's Airport Card. There are no issues with the network and they can share files and also a network drive just fine. The PC has a printer hooked up to it via USB that I would like to use on the iBook. When using OS X's printer setup I can find and add the printer with no problem but when I print it prints out two lines of garbage and then page after page of blank paper until you stop it. I assumed I did not have the correct drivers installed for the printer so I went to HP's site and downloaded the needed Mac drivers. The problem here is that the HP driver installation seems to want to push me through the HP printer set up process and when doing so it does not recognize the printer. I have tried just closing the HP setup to see if the driver installed yet and not only does the printer problem still occur (few lines of garbage followed by blank pages) but I now have the HP printer setup popping up ever time I wake the Mac from sleep mode. I uninstalled it because that was entirely too annoying. Is there something I am doing wrong? Does it sound like I am missing the driver? And if so is there a way I can get a driver without the horrible setup process? Anything else I am possibly missing?

Thanks for the help in advance.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 15" screen, 2.0 MHz DuoCore, 80 Gig HD, 2G RAM
Figured it out. It was not labeled as a HP printer correctly.

All is good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.