what is my obsession with MBP's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
really! i want one so bad. Is there really a difference for me? I really have no need of the ports or even the backlight.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
LOL.. that's pretty funny dude. I'm pretty sure you answered your own question, but what exactly are your 'needs' ? If you only do web surfing, listen to music, talk to your friends and family and not much else, then the MacBook is more than enough.

If you do any photo or video editing, then the extra oomph from the Pro line will certainly accommodate.

On the other hand... if you're looking at the 13" models, the Pro is only $200 more ! You may not think the backlit keyboard is useful, but it most certainly is. You may not think Firewire is a big deal, but it's a good deal faster than USB.. And the brushed aluminum ? Pure sexah ! O:)

But on the real, I probably could have lived with the MacBook as well since they're almost the same specs. The MacBook has a larger HD. If I had to do it over again, and was going for a 13", I'd likely have gone with the Pro again. I do use the firewire port with an external FW HD and I really don't like white laptops. Black and silver is much cleaner looking IMO.

The next time I buy, it's going to be an 15" matte screen MBP.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Macbook, Macbook Pro

I was in the same boat. I wanted a 13" and the Macbook is the better choice for me since it has a larger hard drive and the other differences meant little to me. But the Pro is cooler looking. Oh, I went with the Pro. I mean what the heck, it IS cooler looking.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.