Pre-Unibody Macbook Pro Trackpad too Sensitive!!!

Reaction score
I have the pre-unibody MBP, and when I'm scrolling up and down on a website, it keeps on zooming in and out. I use firefox and have 10.6.3 installed. I've asked my friends to try to make sure it wasn't just me, and when they scroll up and down it does the same thing. Does anyone else have this problem? I've searched and can't seem to find anyone else with this issue. Even when I disable the pinch to zoom option in system preferences, it still does it!

Reaction score
One nice thing about Firefox is that it is highly configurable.

Try this: type about:config up in the URL bar and search for the following settings.

mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines - toggle this one to false

mousewheel.withnokey.numlines - modify the value on this one to 3 or less until the scroll speed is where you want it

(I think this is what you're asking)

After reading this again, I'm thinking you might be using a three finger swipe which I believe is a zoom function. Use a two finger swipe vertically or horizontally to scroll.

OP
R
Reaction score
While using the two finger swipe vertically to scroll, it keeps on zooming in and out as it scrolls up and down. I tried changing the mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines to false but it still kept doing it. Do you think it's a hardware problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Are you holding your fingers together while you are scrolling? ....if not, this explains the zooming!

OP
R
Reaction score
Anyone else having this issue? I have the pinch zoom option turned off and it still zooms while I scroll.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.