Is WoW Fun/Good?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I have been looking for a good game/RPG and it seems like Warcraft would be the best option.

Soooooo....

Anyone here play WoW and if so, is it worth the time and money? If not, what are some better options?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
I enjoy playing WoW from time to time, and think it is a good game. Only you can decide if it is worth the money for you. The best thing to do would be to try the free trial and see if you like it. That way, you lose nothing if you don't like it.

C

chas_m

I've "lost" too many friends to WoW's addictive qualities to be able to recommend it to anyone anymore. If you're a compulsive or addictive personality, stay away from this sort of game.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
Yup, I know a few people who started playing and simply cannot stop. Even if they quit for a couple months, they still go back to it. In the grand scheme of things, its a pointless game. You spend money to level up to make more money to level up faster to make more money. But none of it is real, and way too many people think it is...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26Ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GBHard drive. Totally Standard Macbook Pro 13"
I absolutly agree with blackmac11, you spend money, so you can level up and it's pointless.

And I have played WoW for about 2-3 years ago and I do not play it anymore, when you start to play, you just can't stop, and your only "goal" is to level up "full", so you're the first one at the highest level.
The game was funny, when it came out, because the highest level was 60 and it was the "end", and now Blizzard are upgrading the game all the time, so you have to keep playing. And I think the highest level is now 90 ? And there's a new upgrading coming out soon, which makes it possible to level up to 100 or 120 I think..

If I was you, which I'm not. I would choose a RPG game, which is free to play, and I don't know which games there actualy are RPG at the moment.

I hope the post is usefull :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Yup, I know a few people who started playing and simply cannot stop. Even if they quit for a couple months, they still go back to it. In the grand scheme of things, its a pointless game. You spend money to level up to make more money to level up faster to make more money. But none of it is real, and way too many people think it is...

The game isn't about leveling up. the real game doesn't start until max level anyway. It's about end game content, and skilled boss fights.

Anyway, currently not playing because it can get repetitive, but if you have real life friends who play that you don't get to see on a regular basis (like my old childhood friends who moved far away), then it's a great way to stay in contact and hanging out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5", 3.06 GHz intel Core 2 duo, ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256MB
I only played the free trial, but I liked it. It wasn't worth a monthly subscription for me though. I liked Dungeons and Dragons online, it's free and pretty good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.