Need help reformatting

Reaction score
Hey guys need a little help.

I just bought a used macbook pro and am trying to reformat it with a fresh copy of os x. Problem is I only have disks that were intended for a macbook air (not sure if that's a problem but let me explain what is happening).

Whenever I log in and load the os x installation disk, it asks me to reboot. When I reboot it just freezes on a black screen and stays there until I turn the power off.

Any ideas? Or am I going to have to buy os x.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac forums
The discs you are using won't work..... You need the discs that came with that machine, or retail versions.
What you can do is spend $30 and get yourself Snow Leopard and you are good to go.

OP
B
Reaction score
ok thanks guys, i was just hopin to save as much money as possible, i got a sweet deal on this lappy :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
$30 is not a big spend, infact, it is a bargain for what you are getting, and an investment!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.