Any free mac audio de-click available?

Reaction score
I'm quite the newbie with comp based audio, and I'm revisiting an old DAT tape project. I've noticed on one track [pipe organ & vocals] that the original live stereo master has intermittent digital clicks. (I think they resulted from something being effected by the lo freqs of the bass pedals).

Anyway, I'd like to fly the track into my macbook & de-click it.

Any good mac friendly free programs out there? - I've searched the web, but I don't always trust what's out there - figured I ask the mac-oids :)

Thanks for any info

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Audacity -- it's a free editor. You open up your sound files in it, highlight any sound you don't want to appear (such as a skip -- you might have to zoom in a lot to highlight it properly), and the de-noise filter will take it out. It works pretty well, actually.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
A vote for Amadeus HairerSoft - Amadeus II (shareware). I've just been using it to remove scratchy clicks from a digital recording - brilliant! Simple to use too.

OP
jmpk58
Reaction score
Hey THANKS Dauber & Hughvane ~ much appreciated. I'll look into them both.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.