Help: Memory Issues

J

jessica

I am running Tiger 10.4.1 on a PowerBook 1.67gHz with 512 MB ram. I have 128mb video.

The programs that are running right now are: MS Word, iTunes, Safari with 5 open tabs, and iChat. In my menu bar I am running Sticky Windows and Synergy.

I won’t even say this didn’t happen in Panther because I never cared to check. But now, I am consistently showing that I have 69M Wired Memory 289M Active 130M Inactive and 23M Free. I found this using the dashboard widget called Dash Monitor. My question is, is this bad? I assume another 512 stick at least would fix it. I need it for photoshop anyway, but I was trying to make sure the 512 would even be useful.
I know in windows more memory is useful and I am assuming that is the case here for me. But are those stats above bad? Should I be worried?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Well, if you want to buy another stick of 512 this will only bring you to 768 becuase you probably have 2 256 sticks instead of 1 512. The stats are alright, not bad, but not good either, I would recomend if you have the money upgrade the ram.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.