mlb-nexdef-autobahn

Reaction score
This mlb-nexdef-autobahn is always running in the background eating up memory. I am unable to quit the process because it just comes back again.

I believe this bugger loaded when I used to watch mlb games off of mlb.com.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

I use snow leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Welcome to Mac-Forums!

SysPrefs > Account > Login Items ... any sign of mlb there? If so, remove.

Reaction score
Old software

That site's domain name expired a month ago.

I suspect that the mlb.com swarmcast autobahn thing was installed, yeah, when mlb was opted for on this machine I'm using here.

there no longer is the above link to the faq, or the tld either. And no, the mlb anything does not apear in the startup items under any accounts.

In Finder, I view invisible files and I of course see a [.autobahn] in the root of one of the user accounts on this osx Leopard machine. I'm going to simply delete it and see if the machine still works.

Perhaps getautobahn.com went out of business because they were sued by osx users complaining that they put no readme.txt file in their invisible root directory called .autobahn to let users know what they were up to?? joking.

buh-bye nefarious .autobahn directory.....

Ian

Reaction score
Nasty little programme

Hello everyone

I use mlb.com and found mlbnexdefautobahn sitting in memory (that's not the bad bit) but was transmitting approx 100k/sec according to App Monitor - yikes ! Even though I hadn't watched baseball for days... Killed process, traffic dropped to bytes.

If you want to keep it, there are a few sites around with advice, for example:

MLB.tv NexDef On OS X | langui.sh

Uninstall info from mlb.com

C. Mac OSX:
1. Go to your account's user folder
2. From your user folder go in to the Library folder, then the Application Support folder, and finally the Swarmcast folder.
3. In the Swarmcast folder, double click on "UninstallAutobahn.command"
4. A Terminal window will open and complete the uninstall process.

The reason I discovered this is that my ISP choked me as my usage went through the roof! Nasty little programme...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Because of the age of this topic, and the likelihood that people affected have 'moved on', would you consider posting the solution you've found to them via Private Message (maybe you've done so already). All kudos to you for posting.

Reaction score
Because of the age of this topic, and the likelihood that people affected have 'moved on', would you consider posting the solution you've found to them via Private Message (maybe you've done so already). All kudos to you for posting.

Good thought, I have PMed the originator of the topic.

Reaction score
thanks ShedUpperMan, i found this solution you posted via a google search and it worked for me.

it's too bad this app won't launch "on demand.

mlbnextdefautobahn.app was using 30 megs of memory in the background and wouldn't stop when i would kill the process.

Reaction score
uninstall on lion

My computer which runs lion doesn't have a swarmcast folder, any idea how to get rid of this thing any other way?

Reaction score
My computer which runs lion doesn't have a swarmcast folder, any idea how to get rid of this thing any other way?

I can only suggest using Spotlight to search for 'Swarmcast', 'autobahn' etc to track down the uninstaller. Good luck

Reaction score
re: uninstall on lion

Note that Lion hides the user Library directory by default. In the Finder, holding down the Option key will show the Library directory as an option in the Go menu. With the Library directory open, follow ShedUpperMan's uninstall instructions above.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019) 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5, 1.03 TB Fusion Drive
Wow this may have fixed my slowdown problem that I got after upgrading to Lion! Web pages were opening slow even though my internet speed was good. Thanks so far so good!

Reaction score
MLBNexDef Uninstall for Lion

Mac OSX 10.7:
1. With Finder selected, click on the "Go" menu on the top of the screen.
2. Hold down the "Option" key on your keyboard. "Library" should now appear in the menu, select "Library".
3. In the Library folder that comes up, open the "Application Support" folder, and then the "NexDef" folder.
4. In the NexDef folder, double click on "UninstallNexDef.command"
5. A Terminal window will open and complete the uninstall process.

Just uninstalled this worthless POS

Reaction score
Thank you!

Thank you so much for posting this! I just upgraded to OS X Mavericks and I kept getting this pop-up saying I needed a Java update to run MLBNexDefAutobahn. I had never heard of it before, but I did notice my MacBook running a little slower over the last year. I chalked it up to being older and I have a lot of stuff on here. I mean, in 4.5 years I've never had to do hardly any upkeep with this thing. Can't complain about that! Turns out my husband downloaded it back in 2009! All this time it's been running this garbage that I don't even use!

My computer is noticeably faster. Thank you!

Reaction score
uninstalling Nexdef.app from OS 10

I have followed the instructions for locating "Swarmcast" and have been unable to locate it or anything that mentions Nexdef. Does anyone have any suggestions for uninstalling this from OS 10.9.5?

Reaction score
Deleting NexDef

Tried everything to delete NexDef but finding it was the hard part. Searched on autobahn instead of nexdef and found the nexdef uninstaller. Clicked on it and problem solved.

Reaction score
Also having issues with mlb-nexdef-autobahn

I'm also having issues with the mlb-nexdef-autobahn pop-up. I'm running High Sierra and I don't have a Swarmcast or NexDef folders. Any ideas on how to uninstall this? I see this thread started out quite some time ago so I'm hoping someone has newer information for uninstall. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.