Using Time Machine backups?

Reaction score
Well I got my first Apple notebook (late 2009 MacBook) for my 19th birthday, and I kind of wonder: is it possible to use Time Machine backups from my Mac Mini to load the same thing on my new MacBook? Or is this impossible? Both run Mac OS X 10.6.3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
It sounds like you just want to transfer all your data to the new computer. This is a common problem when getting a new computer and Apple has already thought of the solution. You can use Migration Assistant to transfer your data to the new computer.

OP
C
Reaction score
It sounds like you just want to transfer all your data to the new computer. This is a common problem when getting a new computer and Apple has already thought of the solution. You can use Migration Assistant to transfer your data to the new computer.

:D

Thanks. That came up when I first booted the computer. So now my MacBook looks just like my Mac Mini (without music and desktop items- those alone would've taken about 20 GB more room on the MB harddrive). I really don't need music on my MB (yet)...especially since my Mac Mini runs iTunes 24/7 and every computer in the house with iTunes can access it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.