Can you help me with my Excel for Mac?

Reaction score
Hello. I have just recently started using Excel as I am taking a computer course at night school. There, we are working on Windows machines. I was taught that if I went into Tools and Options, I could change the direction the cursor moves, when I press the return button, from the cell beneath, to the cell to the right. However, when I tried to do the same thing on my MacBook at home, I don't have the Tools and Options facility. I know I could tab across, but I would much rather press the return button and it move across the page. Could anyone help me please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
From Excel Help

Change which cell is selected when you press RETURN
To move to a different cell when you press RETURN:
1. On the Excel menu, click Preferences, and then click Edit.
2. To move to an adjacent cell, select the Move selection after Return check box, and then select a direction in the Direction box.

Reaction score
Unprotecting Excel Worksheet

Hi, i am having trouble unprotecting a worksheet that i created. When i save the file and then try to execute i get a pop up message requesting the password. I initially password protected the worksheet while it was being created for safety reasons, however, now i need to remove it because it needs to be emailed and viewed by another party. How do i go about disabling the protection so when i email the file it can be executed and viewed without having to enter a password?

I would also like to know how to protect the cells within so when the file is viewed by a third party they are unable to revise the tables or use it for other purposes. After investing days and nights creating this worksheet i want to make it doesn't get copied or used for other purposes beyond my control.

I am using Excel 2008 version 12.2.4

Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
Hi, i am having trouble unprotecting a worksheet that i created. When i save the file and then try to execute i get a pop up message requesting the password. I initially password protected the worksheet while it was being created for safety reasons, however, now i need to remove it because it needs to be emailed and viewed by another party. How do i go about disabling the protection so when i email the file it can be executed and viewed without having to enter a password?

Can;t remember exactly, but I think in Preferences somewhere.

I would also like to know how to protect the cells within so when the file is viewed by a third party they are unable to revise the tables or use it for other purposes. After investing days and nights creating this worksheet i want to make it doesn't get copied or used for other purposes beyond my control.

I am using Excel 2008 version 12.2.4

Thank you

You can lock individual cells or even just the one worksheet to prevent changes. However, nothing will prevent someone from copying. Once you send it to someone you have no control over how it is used/misused. If VBA were available you could make it a little more difficult, but even then it would take rather extensive director-type programming in VBA to prevent copying.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.