Help! Trouble Installing COD4!

Reaction score
HELP.

I was trying to install my COD4 on my 21.5" iMac running 10.6.3 when the installation failed.

The user manual asked me to insert the DVD, double click on the icon, and then drag the folder from the DVD to the location on my hard drive. I dragged the folder onto my desktop, and the copying started out fine.

Then, about a quarter of the way through, it says that a file couldn't be read or written, and it was a .m4a file. At such, the copying couldn't be completed, and I cannot install the game.

And yes, the game is the Mac compatible version.

HELP.

C

chas_m

Try copying it where it actually should go -- your Applications folder.

If that doesn't work, try checking the disc for nicks or scratches. Give it a wipe with a lint-free (preferably microfibre) cloth -- NOT in a circle like you would with records, but in a straight line from the inner ring outwards, then try again.

If that fails, contact the manufacturer for a replacement disk.

OP
P
Reaction score
Try copying it where it actually should go -- your Applications folder.

If that doesn't work, try checking the disc for nicks or scratches. Give it a wipe with a lint-free (preferably microfibre) cloth -- NOT in a circle like you would with records, but in a straight line from the inner ring outwards, then try again.

If that fails, contact the manufacturer for a replacement disk.

Got it. I am copying it into the Application folder right now.

Fingers crossed!

What is the difference between copying it into the Application folder as oppose to copying it onto the desktop?

OP
P
Reaction score
OK, I think I found the reason why it happened.

The DVD-ROM drive on my iMac was formatted to Region 3, while my external DVD-ROM drive was formatted to Region 1. I'm not sure if this is a factor, or anything, but it is copying from the external drive into the Applications folder just fine at this point. My girlfriend bought this game for me from the U.S., which is why I have two drives formatted to different regions.

I'm not sure if it's the cause but, it seems to be working now. Fingers crossed!

Thanks guys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.