how to remove icons from the top-right menu bar

Reaction score
there's one item in particular -- the menu bar icon from digitunnel. i've uninstalled the program but the icon always pops back up whenever i restart. command+click/drag doesn't work. anyone know what to do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome to the Forum. How about reinstalling digitunnel and then using AppCleaner to delete the App - that should clean out all the data.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Welcome to the Forum. How about reinstalling digitunnel and then using AppCleaner to delete the App - that should clean out all the data.

He may not necessarily have to reinstall it. He can try doing a Spotlight search for Digitunnel, and then select "show all" then delete any instance of the name or association. Also go into OS X system preferences>system accounts/users>log in items. Make sure that none of the log in items are associated with digitunnel.

I'd also go and do a basic cache etc cleaning with Onyx. Might as well fix permissions while you're at it, if you've never done so before. Can't hurt.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
They are stored here

HD/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras

Find it and Trash it.

Reaction score
He may not necessarily have to reinstall it. He can try doing a Spotlight search for Digitunnel, and then select "show all" then delete any instance of the name or association. Also go into OS X system preferences>system accounts/users>log in items. Make sure that none of the log in items are associated with digitunnel.

I'd also go and do a basic cache etc cleaning with Onyx. Might as well fix permissions while you're at it, if you've never done so before. Can't hurt.

Doug

+1 ... this will help...

OP
G
Reaction score
it worked!

thanks doug, just did OS X system preferences>system accounts/users>log in items and removed digitunnel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
thanks doug, just did OS X system preferences>system accounts/users>log in items and removed digitunnel

Glad it worked for you. But you should also make sure there are no instances of anything with the name digitunnel hiding in a folder. You should also follow toMACsh's advice as well. I guess you might not absolutely have to, but if you're anal like I am, and don't like having useless things clogging up your file directory system, it would help relieve your ails. ;)

Doug

P.S. I forgot to say that the method you used in preferences might just turn out to be temporary. I used to use an app called dropbox, but when I stopped using it, I also removed it from the start up list and upon every fresh reboot, it would continue to appear in the start up list for some reason. Clearing everything with the name Dropbox using Spotlight, and clearing the cache etc.. worked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.