podcast not updating

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10.5.8 Black Macbook 2.4 GHz C2D 2 GB RAM 250 GB HD
I noticed that itunes stops updating podcast if I don't listen to them in a certain time. Is there a way to get itunes to stop doing this. I have version 9.03 of itunes.

I have the podcast set for a daily check to download the latest podcast. Some are set to keep only to keep the 5 most recent.

I have to right click on the podcast and click Update podcast to get it to update. The refresh button doesn't work for some reason.

C

chas_m

I noticed that itunes stops updating podcast if I don't listen to them in a certain time. Is there a way to get itunes to stop doing this.

Other than listening to your podcasts regularly, no. You can simply press on the ! button next to an inactive subscription to reactivate it.

I have to right click on the podcast and click Update podcast to get it to update. The refresh button doesn't work for some reason.

Which "refresh" button do you mean? There are two: one is on the page that lists all the episodes of a particular podcast, and the other is on the page that lists all your various podcasts. The individual podcast "refresh" button won't work if there are no new episodes to download.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10.5.8 Black Macbook 2.4 GHz C2D 2 GB RAM 250 GB HD
Which "refresh" button do you mean? There are two: one is on the page that lists all the episodes of a particular podcast, and the other is on the page that lists all your various podcasts. The individual podcast "refresh" button won't work if there are no new episodes to download.

Thanks I didn't know about the ! button.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.