New iBook Clamshell user!

Reaction score
Hey guys & Girls!!!

Im a Macbook user! I have a Macbook Pro with Snow lepard! Im Not really Computer literate but I know a few things! I just bought a "New" used iBook G3 Clamshell and now I have a few Qustions!!!

I am Running OS X 10.4.11
processor 466MHZ
RAM 576MB

First I was trying to D/L an updated iTunes (so i can use my iPod&iPhone), Limewire for music d/l & safari but in my Downloads window it says it cannot be create file. What am i doning wrong?

next i was wondering is there more RAM I can install than 576MB? if so where and how do you do it?

Lastly I would like to know what is the latest program version I can install on the iBook.

Thank you very much for all the help!!!O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4 1.33ghz 1.5gb RAM 100gb HDD//Ibook G3 Clamshell Blueberry
I'm pretty sure you've maxed out the RAM, and there really isn't anything you can do to put a 1GB stick or higher in there. I'd say that OSX.4 is the highest you'd want to go with out it completely bogging down if that's what you meant by "latest program version I can install"

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're responding to a post that's around 10 months old. I'm sure he's found out by now....

Please check thread date before posting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.