Saving any doc on Pages create folder on Desktop

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I'm having a problem with apple's Pages software.
After updating the Mac OS from v10.6.2 to v10.6.3, Pages keeps creating a folder every time i save some document.
The folder is named after the doc. like if you save a example.pages it create a "example.pages Folder" on the desktop. The folder content is some images used on the document, xml files and a pdf with the document preview.
The creation process looks like an extraction from the StuffIt expander.
I already looked into the preferences of both apps and couldn't resolve the problem.

Someone have experienced the same problem?Hints?

Sorry my english, not my native language.

tks

OP
vhaberkorn
Reaction score
hi guys,
I think i solved the problem.
The StuffIt expander was set to expand automatically any .zip .rar on the desktop. I wonder why it was creating that folder when i saved .pages archives on the desktop.
I'm not used to any file archiver on mac.
I like the StuffIt but it misses the "extract here" function.
what file archiver do you use?

OP
vhaberkorn
Reaction score
Not a single reply?!?
i'm used to that on others forum on the web but was expecting more from a whole forum made by advanced mac users.
Not one of you have a tip on a file archiver for mac? =/
i didn't came here with the intention to get my problem solved and leave and that kind of disregard with new users it isn't a good "welcome to the forum".

but, anyway, tks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.