Used OnyX and now a problem with Mail...

Reaction score
Today I downloaded the version of OnyX for OSX 10.4 and ran it. I decided to clean a lot ... cache, history, etc.

Now, inexplicably, the Delete button (the one with the red circle with the line through it) in Mail (Version 2.1.3 (753.1)) is no longer active. I can still delete by using the command+delete keys, but I'd like to get the button active again.

I'm on Mac OSx 10.4.11 on a 1.5 GHz PowerPC G4.

Any ideas what happened or how to fix it?

OP
L
Reaction score
Sheesh... it's not just the 'delete' button.

It's also 'reply' and 'reply all' and 'forward'.

The buttons 'new' and 'get mail' are OK.

OP
L
Reaction score
OK -- just answered my own question, miraculously enough.
I clicked on 'customize toolbar' then dragged and dropped the buttons that had gone dead.

That was all it took. They are active again now.

!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
It looks like you cleaned out your customized layout preference in Mail when using Onyx. The thing people don't realize with Onyx is that if you allow it will clean out everything like your custom preferences meaning that all your settings will go back to the default.

When using Onyx you really want to be choosy about what you clean out and what you don't. I don't use Onyx all that often myself. Mac OS doesn't need as much maintenance as Windows does. I just repair permissions after a few months and verify the hard drive occasionally to make sure it's okay.

You can do more than that if you want but just pay attention to want you are doing. You might want to uncheck the cleaning of your preferences next time so you don't do the same thing again. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
It looks like you cleaned out your customized layout preference in Mail when using Onyx. The thing people don't realize with Onyx is that if you allow it will clean out everything like your custom preferences meaning that all your settings will go back to the default.

When using Onyx you really want to be choosy about what you clean out and what you don't. I don't use Onyx all that often myself. Mac OS doesn't need as much maintenance as Windows does. I just repair permissions after a few months and verify the hard drive occasionally to make sure it's okay.

You can do more than that if you want but just pay attention to want you are doing. You might want to uncheck the cleaning of your preferences next time so you don't do the same thing again. :)

Yes so have to agree with you Endless ..... I have seen a few threads lately where people have used Oynx and nearly ruined the OS. You really need to know what you are doing with it, as you COULD ruin the OS if it cleans out something it shouldnt.

TM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.