After factory reset, can't set up Airport Extreme!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 2010, iMac 2008, both running Mountain Lion
Hello all!

American living in germany here. I am using a PowerBook G4 running OS 10.4.11

I am using an Airport Extreme Station with a Siemens Router. I couldn't get my iphone to work wirelessly via Airport, so I decided to do a factory reset. Now after having done that, my Airport Setup Assistant recognizes my Airport but after clicking continue to proceed, I always get the message that it is unable to find the base station.

I should add that my internet stopped working about two weeks ago. I thought it might be my system software so I reinstalled that on my Mac. Turns out it was my ADSL box so my phone company sent me a new one. I did get my Airport to work with my old settings and the new box....but after this factory reset, my computer can't communicate with it.

Help please....I need to be wireless again! Now I am on the internet via an ethernet cable.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
try to connect manually from the drop down list select the configure other option.
enter IP address: 10.0.1.1
enter password (try the following until it works): admin, password, public

Reaction score
Are you trying to set it up wirelessly? If so, try plugging your laptop into the router directly to do the initial setup.

BTW, I lived in Germany for 4 years. We came back in 2008 and miss it. :(

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
try to connect manually from the drop down list select the configure other option.
enter IP address: 10.0.1.1
enter password (try the following until it works): admin, password, public

Tried that in Airport Admin Utility. Again I got the message that the computer can't read Airport's configuration. So frustrating!

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Are you trying to set it up wirelessly? If so, try plugging your laptop into the router directly to do the initial setup.

BTW, I lived in Germany for 4 years. We came back in 2008 and miss it. :(

I tried plugging Airport directly into my computer with an ethernet cable and still the configuration can't be recognized. :( Again, this all happened after a factory reset. What happened?!!?!

Reaction score
I would try to reset it again and if that didn't work I would try to see if I could re-flash the firmware. Something is certainly not right.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.