pasting to wireless password

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
How do you paste in the password for wireless? My wireless password is a killer to type in.

Also have an iPod touch and this password is impossible to type into that device. How can I paste it in this too?

I am really new to Mac, so this needs to be detailed as possible.

(My daughter has both the Macbook and the iPod Touch. My Macbook is hasn't arrived yet)

C

chas_m

I don't suppose the obvious answer of simplifying your wireless password would fly? Passwords can be strong without having to be endlessly long.

Once you've entered the password for the wireless network once, you should not ever need to enter it again on that device. It will be recalled and log in automatically.

Same for the iPod Touch.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Can't be any worse than mine - both of my wireless networks have 28 character randomly generated passwords. (Am I paranoid or what?) Type them in you must. As chas points out, it should only need to be done once.

OP
portnoy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Mine are 63 characters, and include characters not supported by the iPod. Like the grave symbol. I would rather not change it if I don't have to as I would need to change it on every computer used here, including friends and other family members. This was so easy on all the pcs as the passwords are on a memory stick and can be copied and pasted into those machines, including my iPaq. Is there no paste function for passwords in Apple products?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.