iMovie 09 version 8.0.6 skipping

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
OS X 10.6.3
Today noticed that when trying to record an acoustic guitar song through the isight and built in mic with iMovie, that in playback, the video and audio is skipping, as well as volume coming in and out!
The problem occurs even if opening with Quicktime!
Has anyone else noticed, this?
Could members please test this and post results?
*It doesn't have to be while playing guitar and singing to test this :)

Edit:
After I posted this thread, I just tested it with my clone of 10.6.2 which has the same version of iMovie, and these problems are not occuring!

*Mods, if possible, please change title of thread to iMovie 09 version 8.0.6 skipping since OS X 10.6.3 Update

Thanks

Regards
Kane

OP
6string
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Hmmm... I thought I'd wake up this morning to see this thread bursting at the seams with posts with results from members!
Come on guys, where are all of you? :eek:

C

chas_m

If the problem occurs on your boot drive but not on your clone, I'd suspect its time to do a "big defrag."

See this post for my thoughts on this. It takes some time, but it might help and couldn't hurt.

OP
6string
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did this a couple of weeks ago as it's been over a couple of years with the same HD, but, I will give it a go again, as it was such a big update, and I don't know how that may have impacted on things.
Thanks chas_m

OP
6string
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
After hours of zeroing out drive, cloning back, updating, etc..... nothing has changed... iMovie is still doing this with 10.6.3
*All the info is in the first post of this thread!
So, I hope that some of you out there test it for me and post back.
Thanks in advance, and anxious to hear the results.

OP
6string
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK... update:
When I first had this issue in the original post, I forgot to add that when I installed 10.6.3, that I first installed the standalone update, and then the combo update.
In the post above, I tested it, but hadn't installed the combo update again.
Since writing the above post, I installed the combo update again, and tested it again.... and presto, suddenly it's working again!
Why? Who knows!
Happy about it? Better believe it!
After all this mucking around and not giving up, it's all good again, and unless it cracks up again, we'll call it problem fixed, but unexplained!
:D
Even though other than chas_m (thanks mate), I was the only contributor to this thread, fingers crossed, we won't have any additions to this thread from me or anyone else :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.