Problem copying files

Reaction score
My WD Passport drive has my iTunes content on it. It's formatted as case-sensitive, whereas my internal hard drive is just journaled. Every time I try to copy the iTunes folder, I get the following error message:

"You can’t copy “iTunes” because it has the same name as another item on the destination volume, and that volume doesn’t distinguish between upper- and lowercase letters in filenames."

Is there anyway for me to get my music back on to my internal hard drive? I can't do anything like reformat the drive, because I'd lose my music.

Help, please!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Why not just drag the songs/albums in from their folders, not copy the iTunes folder? This will add them to the iTunes library on your main HD, so long as you have the default import folder set as that in preferences.

OP
L
Reaction score
Why not just drag the songs/albums in from their folders, not copy the iTunes folder? This will add them to the iTunes library on your main HD, so long as you have the default import folder set as that in preferences.

That would probably work, and if it came to the fact that I needed to resort to that, then so be it. I just can't help but think that there must be an easier way. I have over 3,000 songs and moving them, or their album folders, separately would take a significant amount of time, and a significant toll on my mental health, haha.

OP
L
Reaction score
Use my iPhone in reverse?

Is there any way that I can transfer all of my media from my iPhone to the hard drive, like in reverse?

I figure that since everything I want is already on my phone, than I could just delete all the music on both the internal drive and the external drive that's formatted differently. That way it can all transfer back to the same spot at the same time, problem solved! IF that works, of course.

Any help? Programs? Walkthrough? Better ideas (lol)? Any help at all is very appreciated!

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.