anyone having this multi touch problem?

Reaction score
after a day installing the newest software update, my trackpad has a mind of its own.It clicks and moves erratically. I can move the pointer in spurts and it always tries to click something. only time it stops is after i smack the trackpad or restart a few times. its really odd. It started to happen today after watching a dvd while playing solitaire. anyone else get this problem?

Im using late 2009 model macbook pro 13 inch with the latest update with snow leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Firstly.... stop smacking the trackpad when this happens unless you really want to end up with problems, and also void your warranty!
First off try repairing disk permissions.
Next up, try downloading and installing the combo update. Mac OS X v10.6.3 Update (Combo)
Post back if this doesn't work, and we'll take it from there.

OP
S
Reaction score
that is hte most current one i downloaded. i started to get that problem after i updated that combo pack

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I was having problems with an app that I wasn't before the update.
When I updated, I did the standalone update and then the combo update.
So... to try and fix it, I zero'd out my drive to defrag, cloned my old system (10.6.2) back to the drive, and updated to the standalone 10.6.3 update again, and the problem was still occuring.
I then downloaded the 10.6.3 combo update again and it fixed things, and I don't know how or why (or need to know).
So, I recommend just downloading and installing the 10.6.3 combo update again, directly from the apple site. Don't scrap the disk image, so if it doesn't work, you can try installing again without having to download it again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.