Creating a multi page PDF, impossible?

Reaction score
I have 9 .jpgs I would like to convert into a .pdf format. How on earth is this done? It used to be easy in preview, now every time I try it does the first image and that's all. Bridge does this, however, it puts a big weird border around each image. I just want full size images, all linked together.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much,
Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
No, its not impossible.
When you have all the images open in Preview, open the sidebar and select all of the icons you see there (command+a). If not all of them are selected it will only save the ones that are selected, mostly just the top one.
Then use "Save as" and it should save them all into one PDF.

Cheers,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Oops, I failed to see it only converted one of them to PDF form.
Okay, one way of doing it is by selecting all of them, then under the file menu click "Print Selected Images". Then you may want to turn on/off the "Auto Rotate" checkbox, and/or set the page orientation . After doing that , in the lower left-hand corner there is a PDF button, click it and choose "Save As PDF"
It worked when I tested it so it should hopefully do the trick :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
edit:
what I thought of didn't work.... brb

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I think I can help you with this. I might have covered it on a MacOSG podcast a while back. The procedure has changed in 10.6. Check out this hint. 10.6: Combining documents in Snow Leopard's Preview - Mac OS X Hints. The meat of the matter is this according to member jhoughtaling:

"The trick to combining single-page documents in Preview is to know that when you drag a page into the sidebar, Preview assumes you want to combine the pages in one window. It doesn't combine the pages into one document, and displays the insertion bar only to indicate the order of the individual documents in the sidebar.

Instead of trying to drag a page before or after a single page, you now have to drag the page on top of the other page in the sidebar. Preview will then change the page image in the sidebar to the bound book (multi-page PDF) icon. You can then rearrange the pages in the PDF in the order you want. "

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Nice one slydude.... I knew there was a way, and it was just doing my head trying to remember how until you posted that :p

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. I think I liked the old process better but this works OK once you know the trick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Neat trick Slydude, definitely easier than what I cooked up.
Its amazing, I have been using mac since system 7 and I'm still learning new stuff all the time.:)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Neat trick Slydude, definitely easier than what I cooked up.
Its amazing, I have been using mac since system 7 and I'm still learning new stuff all the time.:)

Thanks. I'm a veteran of System 7 as well and still learning new things. In fact, I think I picked that hint up from Mac OS X Hints - A community-built collection of OS X hints. It's not something I would concoct on my own since I don't spend a lot of time making those types of pdfs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.