Weird Mouse Behavior - Help!

Reaction score
My kids share an intel iMac running Leapord and driven with a Kensington wireless mouse. I never even bothered installing the Kensington Mouse Ware drivers, but it's worked flawlessly until today.

Suddenly, the cursor sticks on the top of windows. Just mousing over an application or file launches it. Just mousing over a "Yes" in a dialog box is like clicking it. My 3 year-old has a habit of pushing random keys that do strange things. It's almost like some Universal Access feature has been set.

Restarting doesn't help and either does resetting the mouse.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi there,

It's stating the obvious, I know.. But have you tried changing the batteries in the mouse for a fresh set? Mice tend to exhibit erratic behavior, such as you're describing, when the batteries are dead/dying.

Hope this info helps. :Cool:

Reaction score
Also remove batteries and turn upside down and firmly press down on scroll wheel area on a clean piece of blank paper. You'd be surprised what can come out of that mouse.

OP
I
Reaction score
Also remove batteries and turn upside down and firmly press down on scroll wheel area on a clean piece of blank paper. You'd be surprised what can come out of that mouse.

Great comments. I did try changing the batteries, to no avail, but I'll try to clean the mouse as well.

I did change the mouse to a corded one and that solved the problem, so it was definitely due to the Logitech cordless mouse. Maybe it's at the end of it's lifespan?

Thanks to all for your help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.