Restore Boot Camp partition after reinstall snow leopard

Reaction score
Snow leopard was starting to lag for some reason, so I decided to reinstall snow leopard onto my current partition. After reinstalling, I booted up the computer and pressed the option key. After a few seconds, I noticed that I could not boot into windows. The BOOTCAMP partition is still in my hard drive, but I cannot boot windows. Does anybody know how I can boot windows without having to reinstall windows?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reinstalling Snow Leopard destroyed the Windows Boot Sector that was setup by Boot Camp when you first installed. You can try booting with your Windows CD or DVD (you didn't say which version of Windows) and do a repair install of Windows. Just be careful you don't accidentally overwrite your Snow Leopard partition in the process.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.