Bootcamp 3.0 Not Instaled

Reaction score
Hi! I am new to the forms and all so ya.... anyway, I was interested in using Boot camp with Windows 7 on my Intel Mac. I recently found that my boot camp software is still version 2.0. I am pretty sure it should have updated to 3.0 automatically but I have all updates installed to date. Without it I can't run Windows 7. Anyone know where to get the update/how to install? Or did I miss something. I really want it to play games on my mac. :D I also have Win XP SP2, would I be better off with that?

Thanks,
- Erican

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Boot Camp 3.0 is not available as a separate download from Apple. It's included on the Snow Leopard DVD. If you have Snow Leopard installed, you should have Boot Camp 3.0. And once Windows 7 is installed using the BC 3.0 assistant, it can be updated to BC 3.1 from within Windows. The BC software update will do that automatically from Windows 7 or you can manually download it from Apple.

If you have an eligible copy of Win XP SP2, why not use it instead? XP is actually less resource intensive than Win 7 and you won't have any difficulty at all with driver support. By the way, the latest BC for XP is BC 2.1 which can be downloaded from Apple. Make sure you download the version for XP not Vista.

Regards.

OP
E
Reaction score
Bootcamp 3.0 Not Installed

Thanks allot! I will be upgrading to Snow Leopard soon so that's good to know. I think I will be going with the Windows XP for right now. The PC partition is going to be specifically for games, so that works well.

Thanks again,
-Erican

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.