installer.app for Tiger upload

Reaction score
I need the installer.app that resides in the utility folder of Tiger. The disk my friend has is for Puma but the os on her computer is Tiger. She bought this computer from a friend who lost the Tiger disk. Its a G4 800 quicksilver. So can anyone who has a Tiger upload the installer.app. Thanks.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I don't think this is going to happen. If you want to install Tiger...you need to purchase your own install disk.

- Nick

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
BTW if the app you are interested in is the one I am thinking of I don't think that is the actual installer for Tiger. I think that is the installer "engine" for lack of a better word that other programs often use (those distributed as .pkg files). I think that file was updated at least once via software update. Nothing else would install till it was updated.

OP
B
Reaction score
Slydude that's what I'm talking about. I need this to install software. I don't need to reinstall Tiger.

OP
B
Reaction score
Can the Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Update (PPC) reinstall the installer.app in the utility folder?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Not sure whether the Combo Updater fixes that or not. I doubt it though. Just from appearances it looks like the Combo Updater runs routines that depend upon Installer.app. In the past Software Updater has installed new versions but that probably will not work since the App is not there for Software update to realize it needs updating.

I found a thread on the Apple firms that suggest doing either of the following:
1. Copy Installer.app from another Machine with Tiger.
2. Use Pacifist to find the Installer.app on your Tiger Disk and install that. It may take some poking around to find but Pacifist is pretty easy to use.

CharlesSoft - software you always wished someone would write (Pacifist)
Apple - Support - Discussions - Installer missing ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.