burn iso to dvd

Reaction score
i have some iso images that contain wmv files that i can just open up with vlc player and watch the videos straight from the iso file;
these also contain ogg(?) files that are the audio apparently, but i can only open them with vlc(in which they are not supported) and toast(which wants to burn as an audio cd)
when i try to burn this iso in disk utility, it just burns the data/files and doesnt create a video;
i have done this before from many different types of files, but this is just not working;

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
OP
B
Reaction score
i am going to have to figure out that program;
it seemed easy at first, i chose the path to the wmv file and it was accepted and it was already set to output to divx avi, hit encode, it only took like 1 second, but then i couldnt find the avi;
i changed the path to */Desktop/vid
but still couldnt find
program seems cool though, have to figure it out unless i am just missing something painfully obvious

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Sorry..at work right now, so I can't play around with the program..(no Mac here anyway)..but hopefully someone else has done this before and can interject on the procedure..

Regards

OP
B
Reaction score
thx for the tip anyway;
its cool that its freeware and open source;
i am more willing to donate money for a good program than buy one

C

chas_m

i have some iso images that contain wmv files that i can just open up with vlc player and watch the videos straight from the iso file;
these also contain ogg(?) files that are the audio apparently, but i can only open them with vlc(in which they are not supported) and toast(which wants to burn as an audio cd)
when i try to burn this iso in disk utility, it just burns the data/files and doesnt create a video;
i have done this before from many different types of files, but this is just not working;

1. Copy the video files and audio files out of the ISO and onto your computer.

(I presume the ogg audio and wmv video files need to be married back together, yes?)

2. Convert the OGG files into something useful. I use All2MP3 for this.

3. Convert the WMV files to DV using VisualHub or ReduxEncoder. I suggest DV so there is no further quality loss, but you could also save a step by converting them to MPEG-2.

4. Now mux the audio and video streams together using FFMPEGX (not as complicated as the rest of that program). You should end up with a nice MPEG-2 file.

Toast can burn this onto a "movie" style DVD no problem.

OP
B
Reaction score
why does ffmpegx ask for your password in a text field instead of the usual popup?
i did some background reading and ffmpegx seems to cause a lot of problems for people;
like things it should explicitly just "do" not working at all;
isnt it just a gui for an already existing command line tool?
i will probably just google it and use the command line for that part;

but otherwise, when you say the wmv and ogg need to be married back, when i first dl'ed the iso, i mounted it and there were separate folders;
folders: autoplay, misc_files, pdf_files, trace_files
files:autorun.exe, autorun.inf, la.txt

within autoplay: folders: audio (contains two oggs), buttons, docs, images, plugins, videos (contains a few wmv's)

i have worked with bin/cue files that looked like this and once they were changed to iso, i could just burn them and they would play on insert;
working with disk images has confused and p*ssed me off to no end;
sometimes dmg's or iso's just mount and work and sometimes they need to be converted, vlc, mkv, divx, mpeg4, mpeg2, bin/cue, dmg, iso, avi;
and i am doing this for a few peoples comps and they all want to burn files very easily from any format across xp, ubuntu, mac osx(both tiger and leopard)
this has easily been the most annoying thing i have attempted to learn as far as technology goes and for something as trivial as a dvd or cd;
whoever made up a new vid container format when all this other junk was out there, needs to be punched in the stomach;

so...yeah...should i be doing that process last posted with a file such as i described?

edit: that program ffmpegx is terrible, it literally just doesnt work, any encoding you try will appear to work successfully whether the program is even capable;

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.