problem with installing windows xp with boot camp

Reaction score
I am having problems with getting my mac mini (2.55GHz, 4GB) to read my copy of windows xp (with sp2) when I start the installation via Boot Camp assistant.
When I start my mac, I hold down the option key, and the partition with the mac os x 10.6.4 snow Leopold and the windows xp cd. The problem is that when I select the cd, my monitor seems to go to sleep, and the mac stop spinning the disk. I check the windows disk on my pc, and it works fine. Can someone please help me, this has been driving me up the wall for the last few weeks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I think you mean OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 (which was issued like two days ago).

Make sure your copy of XP is an eligible copy that can be used with Boot Camp to install. Please read the Boot Camp assistant instructions. It sounds like the copy you're attempting to install is not compatible.

Regards.

OP
I
Reaction score
hmm... seems that the keyboard and mouse don't work when I select the windows disk, as well as the monitor (all are non-apple) perhaps I need some sort of driver updates for my keyboard and mouse?as well as display?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.