Can't downloading certain things on MBP

Reaction score
This is a strange problem, no idea how to fix.

My MBP doesn't seem to be able to download certain things from the internet, no matter what browser I use.

An example would be last night, my mate was on his macbook, in my house, using my wireless internet, and downloaded this link no problem...

http://jimmitchell.org/yasu/ (version 2.6.7)

When I click on it it just goes to a white page as if it's trying to do something, but goes no further. I'm trying it now on my work computer and again, it works fine.

This is just an example, some things do download and somethings don't. Can't work it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
Are you sure it just didnt add it to your download window? I have that happen all the time if the download window was open prior to download it won't bring the window to the foreground.

OP
P
Reaction score
Nah, it definitely dosn't download, It just goes to a blank screen and in the info bar along the bottom says "Transferring data from..." It's just not quite right. Works instantly from any other computer I've tried.

It may be something to do with my Rapidshare account. I use JDownloader with a Rapidshare Premium account and may have changed my download settings along the way. Don't know.

OP
P
Reaction score
Haha, well I've no idea what setting I've changed. I'll scour through my RS account settings and my jDownloader preferences...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.