Problem! With Blog writing applications

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo ; 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3;
Hi guys! I am very new to this website and to mac too... I bought my first macbook pro just about a month ago. Ok let's keep it short, basically I need a software which is very similar to Windows life Writer. I read several posts here and it seems like most people are using "Blogo" here. I have tried Blogo and many other similar applications but none of them satisfy my needs.

One common problem that I find in just about all of these programs is that they do not allow you to place picture/photo where you want within your post. In other : For example I can only insert a picture below or above the given text, but it does not allow me to write text on the right or on the left side of the picture... sorry for my poor english.

Please, if anyone knows how to solve my problem or if someone will be able to recommend me an other software to keep my blog updated, please leave your comment here.

Many thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.53 Ghz Unibody Late '09 Macbook Pro w/ 500G 7200RPM HD & 2010 iMac 21.5" 3.20Ghz I3 & iPhone 4
I have the exact same experience. I bought Blogo, and I do use it, but it pales in comparison to Windows Live Writer. In fact, I have a VirtualBox Windows XP installed just to use Live Writer. I anxiously await the writer of Blogo to do a major update, but I do not see any level of urgency on their part. It is EXTREMELY limited in handling photos. Another option is to try Mac Journal from Mariner Software. It isn't a blog editor per say, but has those capabilities. It is pretty good but I still go back and forth between Live Writer and Blogo.

Regards

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo ; 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3;
I have the exact same experience. I bought Blogo, and I do use it, but it pales in comparison to Windows Live Writer. In fact, I have a VirtualBox Windows XP installed just to use Live Writer. I anxiously await the writer of Blogo to do a major update, but I do not see any level of urgency on their part. It is EXTREMELY limited in handling photos. Another option is to try Mac Journal from Mariner Software. It isn't a blog editor per say, but has those capabilities. It is pretty good but I still go back and forth between Live Writer and Blogo.

Regards

Yeah, same here, I bought "Blogo" without even trying it as I expected it to have this function and I was really frustrated when I realised that I spent $15 or so and it does not do what I need it to do :(

I have installed Mac Journal, Mars edit and "ecto" now, from what I see at the moment "ecto" is the best option - it is dead simple, yet it still does not have this function - or may be I haven't managed to find it.

P.S I wrote couple of emails to the "Blogo" support, asking them to develop all these things further, they said that they are currently working on it, but from what I see they are not bothered to do anything, - there was not any updates for ages...

P.S.S How did you manage to write a text on the either side of the photo in Mac Journal? :D I tried it and still could not find a way to do it, tell me please :D

Thanks a lot in advance buddy!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.