Can I remote desktop my windows laptop through wireless

Reaction score
Here is my question. I have a laptop at work and I cannot stand the screen and have tried external monitors and those just kill my eyes. Something about the Macbook LCD just works wonders and I can stare at it for hours on ends.

It is against our policy at my job to connect any non-company computers onto the network... plus they have NAC configured only for windows and I would not get assigned an IP address since I do not have a windows based laptop.

So what I want to do is connect wirelessly to my work laptop, and remote the laptop from my mac. So I would be able to do everything on my Macbook and still keep with the company policy. Is that possible?

Reaction score
and how is that possible again? If you cannot connect the wifi at work using your mac then how would you remote desktop to the work pc? Anyways, there are some tools like webex and logmein would work for you and not remote desktop based on the scenario I understand.

OP
C
Reaction score
and how is that possible again? If you cannot connect the wifi at work using your mac then how would you remote desktop to the work pc? Anyways, there are some tools like webex and logmein would work for you and not remote desktop based on the scenario I understand.

Well what I was trying to say is that I would not connect to the wireless at my work, but the wireless card from my windows laptop directly. So I would basically just ad-hoc the connection to the windows laptop, and remote that computer, without being on my work network at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.