Volume Display

Reaction score
When I am giving a Keynote lecture or running a QuickTime from my MacBook Pro, I sometimes need to adjust the volume of a clip. I know I can disable the feedback pings that indicate the volume level, but is there anyway to turn off the visual bars that come up? I can HEAR if my volume is better, I don't need to see it, and it is distracting to have it come up over the clip.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums
I've been trying to find a way, but no luck as yet, ....but with trial and error in trying to find a solution this morning with key combinations, I found that if you hold shift + option + volume up or down, the volume increases/decreases 1/4 of a notch at a time :)
Meanwhile, I am Google Fu'ing trying to find a solution if possible now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Ya someone else asked this same question a couple of months back and I don't think we ever found a way to do it .

Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Google Fu'ing is killing me with this one, as any of he keywords such as Volume, Sound, and Display bring up a plethora of irrelivant search results.
I hope someone comes up with a fix for this, as I'd really like to know it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.