10.6.3 and Google Chrome

Reaction score
I've been running snow leopard (10.6.2) on my intel mac for a couple months and when I updated to 10.6.3 Google chrome works for about half the web pages I attempt to view. The internet works fine on Safari, so I'm assuming its a problem with Google Chrome. Does anyone else have this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Seems ok for me so far, so No.

Reaction score
I had some problems with chrome crashing my laptop the first time i installed chrome. I am running Snow Leopard as well. Redownloading and reinstalling it seemed to cure the problem though, not sure why it worked for me but you can give it a try, not like it takes very long to do...

Reaction score
I did have the same issue, so I deleted the plist file and reinstalled chrome and works like a charm...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Not like you're describing, but after getting 10.6.3 yesterday, my scrollbar stopped working in Chrome shortly thereafter... well, it may have worked, but 2 finger scrolling didn't. I opened the same page in safari and it worked fine. I think that was more of an issue with yousendit.com though, as I was trying to upload a copy of my modded system files for anyone who wants to replicate them. :)

Reaction score
After I installed 10.6.3, Chrome would hang forever trying to load about half my pages, every one of which worked perfectly in Firefox. Up til then Chrome had been nearly flawless. It was so bad I've had to switch to Firefox. I'd love to get a fix for this so I can go back to Chrome!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
It's gotten better as far as my hang ups went. It'll still randomly hang maybe once a week, but I still like the UI better than Safari (sorry apple, get on the ball though!). Seems quicker for most things.

Now the most annoying thing is videos on apple.com don't launch properly into quicktime X.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Have any of you tried the Chromium nightlies? I run them here and they seem to be working very well under 10.6.3.

Reaction score
I've been running snow leopard (10.6.2) on my intel mac for a couple months and when I updated to 10.6.3 Google chrome works for about half the web pages I attempt to view. The internet works fine on Safari, so I'm assuming its a problem with Google Chrome. Does anyone else have this problem?

A bit late yes...but I'd thought I'd chime in here.

I use Chrome when Safari doesn't work...and that started when I upgraded to 10.6.3 on both of my Macs. Facebook is the problem for me..certain things that used to work in Safari stopped, and work fine in Chrome. Weird.

As for QT X, for me it is a bit worse than the QT 7 version for Snow Leopard. (I posted a link in the Movies and Video section under QuickTime Lag). I tried viewing the latest Keynote in QT X and was dissatisfied, so I got QT 7 (which defaults to the Utilities folder) and from there viewed the Keynote without too many problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.