Bonjour

Reaction score
I am having trouble with Bonjour. I set it up on my mac's and windows machines; the mac's see each other, but I don't see any Windows computers? What am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Dual Core Nvidia 8800, 7 gigs ram Macbook pro 2011 Intel i7 triple boots Ubuntu/Win7
Using a windows computer.....he he

honestly, I dont know, how do you have it all set up? router?

OP
djlee12
Reaction score
It's all set up. The Linksys router is hired wired to a custom built PC and Mac mini, with a wireless PC and wireless iMac upstairs. I don't see the windows computers in my boujour window. What gives?

K

Kokopelli

What services are you making available from the windows machines? unless the windows machines have some sort of mDNS responder (such as iTunes or something using howl) they will not show up.

OP
djlee12
Reaction score
So I can't drag and drop files from a PC to Mac using Bonjour, as I can with a Mac to Mac transfer?

K

Kokopelli

but are printer services zeroconf enabled? If you are talking plain old windows printer services it is not last time I checked.

As far as drag and drop file sharing, that is samba based, correct? Either way there is no responder that I am aware of for windows for printers or shares. You can however get the rendezvous for windows install from Apple and that will allow your windows machines to access zeroconf enabled printers.

OP
djlee12
Reaction score
Ok. So the bounjour thing I installed on Windows only lets me share printers?

K

Kokopelli

As far as I can tell, I am not sure though. I do not have any windows machines handy I can install it on.

EDIT: One thing to check is your firewall settings on your XP machine that you have the appopriate ports open. OS X opens them automatically but XP will not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
also make sure that the folders you want shared are being shared in their properties on the PC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.