Ipod classic problems (audio-->other?)

Reaction score
So i installed snow leopard. got new jams. tried to sync my ipod. itunes said 'error, restore.' so i restored my ipod, synced. message came up about re-authorizing (which when i go to store>authorize, i get another error message and cant play certain songs but thats off topic. ill start a new thread about that later). anyway the ipod synced all my songs. 25 gigs. into audio. i unplug my ipod and click music on it and it says there is none. i go to 'about' on my ipod and see 25 gigs...in the 'other' category. with audio being zero. very strange. i synced again. at the end of the sync it says 25 gigs audio, 25 other. i unplug. check ipod. 50 gigs other. i restored the ipod to factory settings and tried again making sure ipod isnt in disk mode or any other random setting. i cannot get it to play music. anyone know the cause? or more importantly, the solution?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.