Help me, please.

Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm new at Mac. I'm trying to install Office 2008 on my friends Mac. I can't install via disk so I made a duplicate on flash drive and install that way, but when I clicked on the installer it opens up Itunes. How do I install Office without the installer opening up Itunes? OS X 10.4.11.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome to the Forum. Have you checked the specs to see if Office 2008 will operate on Tiger - u might be better of with Office 2004

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Running Snow Leopard out of the box
No, Office 2008 works with Tiger, I'm not sure why the installer's opening up iTunes. Why can't you install it via disk?

P.S. Next time you make a thread give it a name that relates to the subject such as "Office '08 won't install on OS 10.4"

Edit: Here are the system requirements for 2008. Unless your computers 10 years old, it should hopefully fit these requirements.

• A Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (500 MHz or faster) processor
• Mac OS X version 10.4.9 or later
• 512 MB of RAM or more
• 1 GB of available hard disk space
• HFS+ hard disk format (also known as Mac OS Extended or HFS Plus) To determine the format of your hard-disk, click the Apple menu > About this Mac > More Info.
• DVD drive or connection to a local area network (if installing over a network)
• 1024 x 768 or higher resolution-monitor

To find this information go to the Apple menu in the top left of your screen and click "About This Mac". That should tell you your processor, OS version, and Memory (RAM).

OP
B
Reaction score
It meets the requirements. When I put the disk in the tray and close it the tray opens again in five seconds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Perhaps it is a CD reader that will not deal with a DVD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.