Problems with using my HP Photosmart C3180

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently switched over from a PC to a MacBook. While there has never been any problem just plugging in my MacBook to the printer and printing, I can't seem to get it to scan.

I've used the startup disk to instal the software and it didn't work. After some initial googling, I found alot of discussion about how one needs to download something from the HP website to get an update which accommodates the Macbook.

I've downloaded that and the only improvement I get is that it now acknowledges the printer as a device but when I open HP Scan Pro, it always tells me that there's an error. Does anyone have any advice?

I also switched my usb cable after reading that this may be the cause of the problem but it hasn't helped.

I'm guessing this is something very simple that I'm not understanding. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

OP
M
Reaction score
Update: I finally found the right link on the HP Website and downloaded it - all seems to be well now. Thanks for reading.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.