Hmm..to buy or not to buy?

T

todd51

Ok I know it's been a while since I've been on these forums, getting EXTREMELY busy at work and around the house. Anyways, onto the situation.

I sold my old laptop (MBP) and thought about buying a baseline Macbook. I have an iMac already that I use most of the time when I'm home. I know now that I sold my old laptop that I'll have to travel or something and want a laptop to use. Plus I still enjoy web surfing from the couch/bed. I could never do it with my old laptop because the battery would only last like an hour and a half.

So my question is, should I get the Macbook (refurbished) or I was also looking at a Dell Inspirion 13 (same size as Macbook) and getting Windows 7 on it. The only reason I'm considering the Dell is because it's somewhat of a change. I guess I could always load Win7 on the Macbook. My biggest issue is if the built-in battery will last me a while on the Macbook, or will it fail after 8 months like the old laptop?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, another reason I'm leaning towards the Macbook is because I still have a $50 gift card to the Apple Store from Christmas that I haven't used.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
I bet the new MBP's will have very good battery life, with the core i7's, graphics card switching, etc. If you can wait a little while, and can spend the money, perhaps you could consider one. They should be released any time now... (fingers crossed)

But the current MB's have pretty solid battery life too. They would probably last a decent amount of time if all you were primarily doing was surfing the web.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.