USB Iphone to car jack

Reaction score
Can I connect my iPhone to the USB jack that came with my car to access the music. It keeps going off and on, no music, no charging. Do I need to mess around with the settings on the iphone? Or what?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
The obvious questions:

If it's a factory radio, what kind of car is it?

If it's an aftermarket radio, what is the model number?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
???

We don't have a clue what car you have. Which means that we have no clue what the capabilities of the USB port and the radio in your car happen to be.

The USB port in my car works great with an iPod. Haven't tried it with my iPhone since I also have Bluetooth in the car and that is even better.

I'm not too clear from your description exactly what's happening. If the connection is going in and out, you should get another cable and/or verify it's making a good tight connection in the USB port. It could be a short some place else in the cabling of the car also.

The best two places to look for help are going to be your vehicle's owners manual and find a forum for your vehicle. At least there you'll find others with your car and your radio.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.